The first step in the purchase of a shower head is deciding on the features that you desire. Do you need a handheld showerhead or one that swivels? Or maybe you are looking for a low-flow one to save some money at the end of each month? Also you may consider the spray of the shower head and if it has different settings.
For starters, with a hand held shower head, you can take a shower sitting down. You can hold it close to your body, making rinsing shampoo and soap off so much quicker and more effective. You can place the hand held shower head right against achy body parts to soothe them with hot water and with its massaging feature, if it has one. Moreover, with a hand held shower head, washing your kids and pets, as well as hosing down the bathroom tiles and tub, become trouble-free. A hand held shower head can be mounted on an adjustable slide bar, which is convenient when people of different heights use the shower.
Next you will have to determine the finish that you require so that it will go with rest of your fixtures in your bathroom. This may be a chrome finish, bronze or brass. The manufacture will specify whether it is polished, brushed or oil-rubbed, etc. Many manufacturers have lifetime warranties on their products.
Peerless 2-in-1 Shower System 76950
The Peerless 76950 2-in-1 Shower System has a three-way diverter that lets you run the hand held shower head and the shower head separately, or both at the same time. Its features include a patented interlocking hand shower/shower head system, a unique, wide crossing spray, massaging action, and anti-clog nozzles. Mineral deposits can be easily wiped off by rubbing them with your fingers. The UltraFlex hose is five feet long and is equipped with a vacuum breaker. It is very easy to install and has a lifetime warranty.
- If you prefer a handheld shower nozzle plus a fixed nozzle, the Peerless is an option. This gives you the capability to use both nozzles at once.
- The Peerless fixed showerhead is shaped in a U with a four-spray handheld device hung in the center.
- Both use the capacity of 2.5 gallons of water per minute.
- This product is easy to install.
- Available in chrome only.
- The Peerless system has received high reviews.
Caution: This does not work well in homes with low water pressure.
Delta Faucet 75152 Amplifying Adjustable Showerhead
- Very water efficient with H20 Kinetic Technology.
- Lever on shower head allows the water usage to be adjusted between 2.5 to 1.85 gallons per minute, so you make the choice.
- Durable metal ball connector.
- Also the four spray holes won’t clog rom mineral deposits.
- This shower head is easy to install.
- Chrome finish only.
Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mount 10,000 Gallon Capacity Filter Showerhead, Chrome
- This is great to your hair and skin because it reduces chlorine and gives you a cleaner feel.
- The shower head has five (5) spray settings ( full body, soft rain, invigorating pulse, full body spray/rain combo, and full body spray/pulse combo.
- This includes an anti-clog nozzle.
- Easy Installation.
- Requires a charcoal filter which reduces chlorine and scale.
- Charcoal Filter has the capacity of 6 months or 10, 000 gallons .
- 5-year limited warranty.
Waterpik TRS-559 Elements 5-Mode Handheld Shower
The Waterpik TES-559 Elements 5-Mode Handheld Shower has five spray modes that range from a gentle misting to a strong, pulsating massage. Its advance OptiFlow technology generates up to 30% more spray force without increasing the amount of water used. This hand held shower head requires no assembly and only minimal care.
- This is a very affordable shower head.
- The Waterpik Elements features 5-modes of spray from full-body spray to high-pressure massage.
- Mode ring tab is available for easy transition between settings.
- The nozzle is easy to clean. Includes 5 foot hose. Easy installation.
- Brushed Nickel finish.
- This can be hand held or placed in its stand for hands-free use.
- Due to the OptiFlow technology, you will get 30 percent more force from the same amount of water.
I hope that this review will be helpful in your selection of a shower head. Just keep in mind what you are looking for in a shower head.